Sunday, March 11, 2012

In the beginning, there was hair

Hello everyone,

My name is Tawana, i am a Managing Cosmetologist located in Toledo, OH an I specialize in many phases of healthy hair, nails, and many other services, and this is my blog. In this blog i will be sharing with you tips on how to keep your hair healthy and many more tips in beauty.

I would first like to start off with giving you a brief description of what hair is. Hair is threadlike pigmented structures that grow from follicles beneath the skin of mammals and consist of layers of dead keratinized cells. Below is a diagram




Tawana's Tip of the day:

Some of us are scared when it comes to sitting in a beautician chair and we hear these dreadful words, "You need to trim these dead ends!" Yes, I know some of us can be scissor happy (lol, not me though :)) but trimming your ends at least every other month is a must for healthy hair growth and besides, leaving those split ends won't make your hair longer, it will actually cause breakage as the hair continues to split up and up.

For more beauty tips check back everyday, I promise it will be very helpful

Find me on FaceBook Tawana Smith
Follow me on Twitter @mztwanky



No comments:

Post a Comment