Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Let's Get it Straight

Hello loves! Today I will be talking about the tools and products I use on my natural  clients when they want a silk press.

First step, of course, is the shampooing and conditioning. I like to try lots of professional products but right now I'm using the Joico line (can be purchased at Cosmoprof) and also the Lock in Shine medicated products for my clients with dry and itch scalp.

After the shampooing and conditioning step I use a dime size amount of the one 'n only Argan Oil and the generic Super Skinny serum (just as good as the Paul Mitchell line) which cuts blowdrying time in half and protects the hair during the thermal styling  , both can be purchased at Sally's Beauty Supply. Rub that on the hair and scalp and comb out with a wide tooth comb.

Next is the blow drying stage. This stage is the most important because if done correctly there will be no need to use a pressing comb, the ceramic flat irons will work just fine. The blow dryer I use is the Conair Yellow Bird. I've been using this blow dryer since hair school and I swear by it. It straightens the hair out better that any other dryer I've used, but a few of my beautician home girls like its sister, The Blue Bird.

After the blow dry I go in with either my H2pro 1" with floating plates ceramics or I use my GVP 1" ceramics, they are the genric brand to the CHI IRONS but on my opinion work 10x better for a fraction of the cost and also can be purchased at Sally's(the GVP). Below are pics of a Silk Press I did from beginning to end.

If you have any questions about any my techniques or about any products I use, feel free to leave a comment, find me on Facebook Tawana Smith  or follow me on twitter @mztwanky.

Check back for more tips daily




No comments:

Post a Comment